Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fridays with Julia: no. 1 classic French Pain brioche

(sorry, had to post this on Saturday because I didn't have enough time to upload the pictures on Friday:)

     So to start off my Julia child idea, I decided to cook something relatively simple- pain brioche! But I do have to fill you in on a few things, first of all I will not be posting for the next two weeks (I'm on spring break) second, I rethought making pates, I can find only three liver pates in my Mastering the Art of French Cooking volume 2 cookbook (one even calls for a pound of veal fat, I've never  even tried veal, much less veal fat! ). Third of all, I'm planning to have about a quarter of the posts with recipes in them, I don't think I'll have the time to write all of them out.  
     I've been vegan for the last week (I just wanted to try it out) and going from eating no animal related foods to eating Julia's meat and dairy filled recipes seems like a big leap! But don't worry, I won't be sticking to the easy recipes, I'm set on making lobster bisque and killing my own lobsters.... something I've never done before and I'm a bit nervous :)
                                                     adding butter to the brioche dough 
                                                      toasted with jam
                                                


                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...